Wayfinding can be defined as spatial problem solving.
Wayfinding refers to information systems that point people through a physical environment and enhance their understanding and experience of the space. Wayfinding is particularly important in complex built environments such as urban centers, healthcare and educational campuses, and transportation facilities.
As architectural environments become more complicated, people need visual cues such as maps, directions, and symbols to help guide them to their destinations. In these often high-stress environments, effective Wayfinding systems contribute to a sense of well-being, safety, and security.
Directories are used in many places such as malls, office buildings, airports, doctors offices, and city buildings.
- Airports – Airports use digital directories to help travelers find arriving and departing flights.
- Malls – Malls use a combination of digital and lit directories to direct visitors to specific locations throughout their building.
- Office Buildings – Office Buildings use a combination of directories and directional signs to aid in travel throughout the building.
No matter what your specific needs are, Signarama can help design custom Directory Signs and a complementing Wayfinding system appropriate for your location. Our team of experienced designers can provide attractive and functional signs that follow the theme of your building decor. We work with a range of high quality materials and can design systems that are easy to upgrade and require minimal maintenance.
- Allows public to quickly find tenants
- Changeable copy
- Wide range of formats to fit many applications
- Available backlit or unlit
Tips & Upgrades
- Available in touch screen digital
- Interior and exterior models available
Call or stop by and speak to our knowledgeable staff. We can arrange for a site visit to insure that your custom Directory Signs fulfill your needs, fit your budget, and exceed your expectations!